Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unfathomable Sadness&The Pithy Heart of an Acorn

 

The fog rolled back and forth over
 Moat Creek sixteen times
this morning    undecided    it    seems
 yes
fickle
leaving only enough moisture as if one were to feed water
 into a bird’s mouth with an eyedropper       just a tease.

I see things Differently now but am still tangled in that story about how we might
have been Eurydice and Orpheus in a new historical and mythos of modern love,
Not quarantined to this realm of faerie and mossy tomb
not this life with no clear
path before me warmed by sun&steam.

I can sing like an angel when I drive my car and I will charm the Lord of the Dead with my finely painted map of Hades
with my newly acquired caution
                                       my sing songy irreverent mocking of Cause&Effect.
my refined beguilement
                                      I will steal the heart of the Lord of the Dead, preserve it in 
a silver acorn
worn around my neck  hung from the fishing line
I cut from Neptune’s hook.