Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Faery Sutra

I thought I was doing the right thing
all hunkered down and quiet here       wrapped   up   like
an Eskimo.
I sheltered myself , wrote sonnets on the discarded skins
of lizards       painted wings on the backs of sparrows .
  
  I told myself stories about sunlight and water.

I resisted all my urges to return to the place where I had once
                  Caught Fire   
  I was forming new skin with dark blue type written as
 sacred  slogans tattooed on these hands that now feel so helpless.

I took refuge inside a moss covered old growth redwood stump
                    You know, the one I asked to be buried in.

I stayed there despite:

                the wind pounding against walls around me of indescribable green  
                the wind makings sounds of an old woman’s creaking bones
                the wind muffling a crying woman’s lament
                the wind in an argument with the rigid fallen forest.

I left this place for a moment and when I was not paying attention the other shoe dropped.
The wind screamed at me from across the road as if to say “watch out!” but it was too late.



May 4, 2010 at 6:27pm
Re: love
yes life is fabulous. we are moving to a new house at my dad's with his new girlfriend. my new school is good. lacrosse season is almost over. :(