Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chiron Enters Pisces




How will I ever settle down with the creek bed dry as a bone in February the
last gasp of

 trickle&splash.

 The river green and still as emeralds?

The winds arrive as if to ignite some ancient old bloody cut, you know, the one that never healed, you know, the one that festered for years, infected, pestered, itched.
 I would soothe myself in the falling water of the creek  
 filling it’s crevices and tangle of rotted oak and squirrel bones with my grandmother’s jewels and the discarded feathers of  Raven.

I offer this watershed my tenderness&wishful thinking 

  a   garland    of    carnelian      a    garland    of    sandalwood    beads 

  those waxy bags filled with opium poppy seeds that bloom the color of my blood and the 
  regal    purple    of    my    lineage. 

The winds arrive cranky and determined more fierce than my heart can bear
 more tenacious
    than   my    sorrow.

 True, 
 they will win our ongoing argument this time.

 True,
 I will run back to that burned out faery stand deep in the canyon.

 True ,
 there may be no water now.